In 1999, Digital Preservation was founded for the specific purpose of resolving unique digital imaging challenges for archives, libraries, universities, museums and government entities.
Our background is photographic digital imaging, but our company history is fragile paper digitization. This allows us a perspective and understanding of your institutions needs unobtainable in the commercial sector.
What makes Digital Preservation Unique?
Almost two decades of experience handling and digitizing special collections materials.
Our digital image captures are far superior to scans from a flat bed and roller scanners. Files created with a camera and high resolution digital back.
· On-site digitization is available to protect irreplaceable originals or large
· We have developed a digital technique to improve fading information.
· Digital restoration is available, if requested.
· Materials for digitization may be bound, mounted, framed, laminated or encapsulated.
· Our equipment allows for extreme enlargement of an original's size for exhibition.
· No automated devices are utilized; our methods are harmless to fragile originals.
· Archival printing is available for exhibits and limited edition prints.
· Our thirty years of prior commercial photographicexperience, brings knowledge of
lighting necessary to produce stunning captures of dimensional artifact.
Special Collections Materials Digitized
Experience digitizing and handling the following categories:
Large Format Maps, Etchings, Watercolors, Oils, Lithographs, Rotogravures, Illuminated Manuscripts, Sheet Music, Photographs, Negatives, Glass Plates Negatives, Land Plats, Architectural Renderings, Mosaics, Postcards, Stereographs, Coins and Stamps, Rare Books and Artifacts.
Diversity of project source material has required Digital Preservation to remain flexible and on the technological edge in approaching new projects. We tailor our solution and hardware specifically for each project based on the client’s goals, type of items to be digitally formatted and cost effectiveness.
Digital Preservation has the experience, technical expertise and dedication to understand the fragile paper nature of our past and to deliver the highest quality digital image files currently obtainable.Our goal remains to digitally capture history for the future, one page at a time!